Monday, February 9, 2009

Church

Sunday we all headed off to church for the first time in 2009, i know...were slackers. Anyway, off in the Lex we go to DeKalb... Angelos, Tyler, Ma Drake and me... Tyler did so good at church for his first time since hes been walking. I brought LOTS of snacks...that always seems to keep him busy...hmmm

Anyway, we picked an extra special day to go. In the Orthodox church, the bishop (equivalent to a cardinal for you catholics) visits a church in his diocese each Sunday during Lent. Now we all know that the Orthodox Lent is different and this Sunday was the first Sunday of 2009 Lent. And low and behold... the Bishop was performing the liturgy. It was really neat... none of us (even Ma Drake) had seen this before. He wears a very ornate headdress - similar to a crown. He has a special chair to sit in, etc. I couldn't take any pics inside for the obvious reason that I didn't want to look like a freak snapping pix of a normal church service. lol

But here is a pic that Angelos took of Tyler and I walking out. Its small...but you get the idea.

xo

1 comment:

Lindz said...

Try doing that EVERY Sunday...you get to a point where the snacks just don't keep em busy anymore!! =)